Kitchen: 1) I'm going to remove the outdated panel light fixture and replace with recessed lighting and pendant lights.
2) Remove, sand and paint the cabinet doors, paint the cabinet doors white, and add door pulls
3) Paint the walls light blue or gray; we're going for the coastal look. I may live in the desert but I'm still a Hawaii girl at heart!
3) Take out the peninsula and build an island with IKEA Sektion cabinets--so excited to get started on that! (Do you see how narrow that space is between the peninsula and the refrigerator? Especially when the fridge doors are open--that's not gonna fly in a house with 2 teens and 1 pre-teen!
4) Replace the tile flooring with resilient vinyl plank in white/gray
5) install granite or quartz countertops.
Most of these projects I'll do myself or with the hubby/friends, but for a few I'll need to call in the pros, like for rewiring the lighting and rewiring the electrical for the island.
What would you do with this kitchen? I'd love to hear your thoughts!