Monday, May 28, 2012

Recycled Crib Headboard



Some neighbors down the street put out a crib on the curb a few months ago as trash.  The crib side rails were damaged and probably unsafe to use as a crib, but the headboard portion was in great condition.  I brought it home, removed the old hardware, sanded it, primed it, and painted it with some leftover paint from the wall rails I had installed on my son's bedroom walls.  I attached some heavy duty picture hangers on the wall behind his queen bed, and some metal loops on the back of the freshly painted headboard, and voila, a new headboard, where before there had been a blank wall. Since I used a recycled headboard and paint I had on hand, all it cost me was about $15 for the spray primer and hardware.  Not bad for a new headboard, and less waste going to the landfill!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment